Skip to content
Need help.. Std? Yeast Infection? Something else?
littleone_xo posted:
I burn and itch. Sometimes a lot sometimes mostly at night. From scratching so much i sometimes get small paper cuts like from all the irritation. It occasionally burns when I urinate or have sex. Every once in a while I get lower abdominal pains. I had unprotected sex 8 to 9 months ago. I also have an IUD(Mirena). Could this be a STD or just a yeast infection? Or can this be from my IUD? Need advice please!

georgiagail responded:
An internet board cannot tell you if these symptoms are due to a yeast infection or and STD.

However, because you have engaged in unprotected intercourse (and, I'm assuming, did not confirm your partners STD status), it would be a very good idea to consider some STD testing to rule this out.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Fish Oil Caps
I take triple strength fish oil capsules (1400 mg) for heart health, and it has the added bonus of improving moisture in the eyes and skin. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.