Skip to content
Birth control and my period
An_249045 posted:
I've been using birth control since about this last May. I stopped taking it for about two weeks after forgetting to take it for a few days. I just decided to start up again with a new pack to try and skip my next period. When my next period started, it lasted for about two weeks. Then I got my period again two weeks later. It lasted for about a week and a half. My period is normally only about 6 days long. My last two periods have had a different smell at times and dark brown blood. My period has ended now, but it still has a more strong smell now. There's no pain or itching. Just the smell and discolored period. I have more discharge then usual too. It's starting to worry me, but I'm too embarrassed to talk with anyone about it.

Helpful Tips

Weight loss after pregnancy
I had baby number 2 6 months ago and still cannot lose any pregnancy weight. I read hints and tips on the Internet but it is all ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.