Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Any diet plan to assist my hair loss treatment?
davidsontracy93 posted:
I am in second stage of hair loss treatment program. I am so pleased with the improvements I am having from it. But I am wondering about some diet plans to assist this. Should I omit or add anything in my meal plan? Please share your suggestions.

Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear davidsontracy: One cause of hair loss is low iron stores. If your MD has determined that this has been true for you then an iron supplement could be helpful. Otherwise there are a few general dietary guidelines. Here is a link to an excellent overview of the best food for your hair:

http://www.webmd.com/healthy-beauty/features/top-10-foods-for-healthy-hair

Yours,
Jane

patrickdwayne responded:
Below mentioned are the foods that you should include in your diet in a week for a healthy hair growth

Essential fatty acids -- especially omega-3 fatty such as Salmon, tuna, mackerel, and other fatty fish, Flaxseed oil, Walnuts and almonds

Vitamins B-6, B-12, and folic acid - bananas, potatoes (both white and sweet), and spinach.

Fresh fruits and vegetables

Protien - fish, chicken, eggs, and soy products are good sources of protein

Helpful Tips

periods
why is my blood dark at the beginning of my period ? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.