Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Longer than Nomal Period
An_249079 posted:
Hi! I am very concerned. I've been having problems for the past 3 years in regards to my menstual cycle. I have started on the pill when I was eighteen for about 5 months then switched to the patch for about 6 months. Then stopped taking BC all together. That's was 3 years ago. Fro. That point, my period came few, far, and in between. I got a period maybe once every 2 to 3 months, but I cramped constantly to the point of dizziness and headaches. When I would have my period, it was very dark brown and foul. ifinally got tired of this last month and I told my gynecologist. She recommended I get on BC pills. So about 2 days into taking the pills, I have my period......and it hasn't stopped. Its been over 3 weeks. Should I be concerned?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Is it full-on bleeing or spotting?

ConcernedCitizen66 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
There are days its light then the next day it will be full on bleeding. It switches frequently but its always constant.

tlkittycat1968 replied to ConcernedCitizen66's response:
I'd definitely see your doctor.

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
50 of 100 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.