Skip to content
long period
An_249216 posted:
I am 43 yr old. I always have a regular period, however, this month I been having period that last more than 20 days. The first 2 weeks it discharged dark brown blood and now it has become red. I started having cramp on my right side of my abdomen and it runs down to my right leg. I also have painful nipples, sour taste in my mouth and chills running along my upper spine. Does anyone has ever experienced any symptom like this? Please give me some advice.

Thanks,
healthawareness

georgiagail responded:
You are not having a 20 day menstrual period. You are experiencing abnormal vaginal bleeding due to some issue that has nothing to do with menstruation.

It would be a very good idea to contact your gynecologist to get this abnormal bleeding looked into medically.

Gail

Helpful Tips

might be pregnant in 3 months rubella vaccination?
My wife is vaccinated rubella vaccine, doctor was note "she is not pregnant within 3 months". If she's pregnant in that time, what is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.