Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    long period
    An_249216 posted:
    I am 43 yr old. I always have a regular period, however, this month I been having period that last more than 20 days. The first 2 weeks it discharged dark brown blood and now it has become red. I started having cramp on my right side of my abdomen and it runs down to my right leg. I also have painful nipples, sour taste in my mouth and chills running along my upper spine. Does anyone has ever experienced any symptom like this? Please give me some advice.

    georgiagail responded:
    You are not having a 20 day menstrual period. You are experiencing abnormal vaginal bleeding due to some issue that has nothing to do with menstruation.

    It would be a very good idea to contact your gynecologist to get this abnormal bleeding looked into medically.


    Helpful Tips

    extended period
    I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    53 of 103 found this helpful

    Expert Blog

    Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

    From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.