Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Endometrial Ablation - Question about Back Pain
NatalieAHP posted:
Long story short...Last Thursday (I am now day 5 post op) I had D&C and ablasion done. No complications and no real issues concerning bleeding or cramping since. I do however have insane lower back pain. Anyone experience this or know what is causing it? Is this a common side effect? Is it related at all? Everything I am seeing online is horror stories of ablation gone wrong and they all seem to be several years old and not really addressing low back pain. All medical websites listing side effects only really refer to fevers, cramps and bleeding. I will call my doctor if it gets much worse, but I was just curious if it is common. Thanks in advance.

Anon_6061 responded:
Here's a lengthy discussion about endometrial ablation side effects. Some are short-term, some long-term:
http://forums.webmd.com/3/gynecology-exchange/forum/12649

Hope the back pain resolves!

Helpful Tips

Irregular menstrual cycle
My daughter has been passing dark blood for over 10 days now. There are clots involved and the blood shed is between a very heavy flow and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.