Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Low grade fever since early October
Kabelkna posted:
Hi - I am looking for some input about what I should do next. In early October I wasn't feeling well and assumed I had my annual sinus infection. My doctor prescribed augmentin and I took it for 2 days but woke up on the third day with a rash so I stopped taking it. I had a lot of travel scheduled for work so I didn't get back to the doctor until things got worse. I went back towards the end of the month with a low grade fever, fatigue and a thick productive cough. I have asthma but my lungs were clear and I didn't feel like it was pneumonia or bronchitis. My doctor put me on levoquin for 10 days and gave me cough syrup with codeine. I still wasn't better after that so I went back and she put me on a z-pack and ordered some blood work for Valley Fever (I live in Arizona where that's common). The blood work came back and only showed a lack of vitamin D so she had me start taking 5000 units of vitamin D per day. After I was done with the z-pack, I still had the fever and fatigue but the cough was mostly gone. She ordered a chest x-ray and put me on a medrol dose pack. The chest x-ray came back normal. I went back last week and she put me on another z-pack because that seemed to be the most helpful of anything we had tried. I called back Friday and asked for a test for mono because the z-pack didn't do anything for me. I got those test results and they were negative. I am at my wits end! This has been going on for almost two months and I don't know what else to do. The cough seems to have started to come back and for the past couple of weeks I feel pressure towards the bottom of my rib cage especially after eating. My stomach was really upset for a while but I think it was from all the medication. I only threw up once through all of this and it was on the 5th day of taking the first antibiotic. Any suggestions would be helpful - I just want my life back!

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
51 of 101 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.