Skip to content
Early, long lasting period during birth control.
LilSpurrell posted:
I've been taking tricyclen for over a year and I am sexually active. People say my period will regulate eventually but after a year, I still can't pin point when I'll start. Directly after my last period, I started to spot. My fiends told me it was just my body flushing itself. At about the beginning of the third week of active pills following that spotting, I started my period and I've been on it for 11 days non stop. It's dark and thin compared to my usual periods and smells a lot worse. I'm getting nervous. Why's wrong with me?
tlkittycat1968 responded:
No one can tell you what is wrong. It's possible the birth control you're on isn't the right formulation for you. You need to see your doctor.

Helpful Tips

Orange Menstrual Blood
Hi my names Jessica and I'm 22. I usually have normal cycles lasting about 28 days and last for about 5-6 days. I just started last night ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.