Weight gain and missed period.
An_249326 posted:
I am 44, and about 6 mths ago I started putting on weight and my periods started going longer and longer between cycles.
I checked for hormone levels as I though I was postmenopausal, they came back normal.

Now it is 7 weeks and I still haven't had a period. I am not pregnant and my family history is for late menopause- around 55 to 57.
The doctors I go to say don't worry but I have a gut feeling something is not quite right (same as when I had a thyroid disease and no one listened then also). Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciate.

Anon_6061 responded:
Have you had a full thyroid panel recently to see if your thyroid meds need to be tweaked? You can't be postmenopausal until you've gone a full year without a period. During the perimenopausal timeframe leading up to menopause, hormone levels can fluctuate wildly hence the irregular cycles. This can also wreak havoc on thyroid levels.

denbriz replied to Anon_6061's response:
Thanks Anon_6061, I meant to put perimenopausal not post. Off to the Doctors tonight so I am glad I read this post before going.