Skip to content
Long period
andersonk81110 posted:
My periods are usually 3-5 days. My last period lasted two weeks. During my period i got dizzy spells, headaches, and had odd blood clots that looked a little purple tinted. As I said, it lasted two weeks and just stopped today. Should I contact my doctor anyways or just let it go?

georgiagail responded:
It is not normal for a period to last two weeks. The question that needs to be asked is whether this represents a menstrual period or abnormal vaginal bleeding due to some other medical issue that has nothing to do with menstruation.

Your dizziness and headaches are also a concern and a possible symptom of anemia from all of this this blood loss.

Yes; it would be a good idea to make an appointment with your gynecologist.

Gail

Helpful Tips

might be pregnant in 3 months rubella vaccination?
My wife is vaccinated rubella vaccine, doctor was note "she is not pregnant within 3 months". If she's pregnant in that time, what is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.