Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ironic how this Happened...
JenSerrano posted:
Okay, so about a week ago I posted about being worried that becoming pregnant would be a difficult goal to achieve with my irregular periods, right? Well around Wednesday, (the 5th) I started having a sudden decrease in my appetite and I'd only be able to eat about 2 or 3 bites of food before having the sensation of being full and unable to eat anymore.
It had been bothering me, seeing as how I enjoy being able to eat. I mentioned this issue to my mom Saturday morning and she looked at me and immediately asked how long it had been since my last pregnancy test. Of course, I could not remember exactly how long, but my best guess was late October or beginning of November. And at the time it was negative.
Well she insisted that I pick up a test that night and take it immediately. In which, I did just that. To my surprise, (and I mean REALLY surprised), it said positive. I took a second one the following morning, yesterday, and it said the same. So my husband and I went to the Walk-In clinic and had a blood test done to which the doctor called me about 3-4 hours later and gave me the news that I'm between 5 and 12 weeks along! Crazy, right? So everyday has been a struggle with morning sickness, first thing in the morning and sometimes at night.
Any suggestions to help alleviate it? I'd like to be able to sit comfortably at home without feeling overly nauseaus all the time... Please post!

tlkittycat1968 responded:
COGRATULATIONS!!

I found Sea Bands used for motion sickness helped me. Also, keeping food in my stomach helped even if it was just a handful of peanuts or crackers.

Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months.

JenSerrano replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Thank you very much Just had our first ultrasound today, the nurse said that I am six weeks and 5 days along, we got to listen to the baby's heartbeat and even got to take home a DVD copy of the images! I'm very excited, and yes it seems that keeping food in my stomach really makes a difference, less nausea.

fcl replied to JenSerrano's response:
Also, try ginger and lemon tea - grate a little fresh ginger into a mug, add a little lemon juice, fill up with boiling water and sweeten to taste Ginger is good for morning sickness.

Above all, CONGRATULATIONS!

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

dealing with anxiety and bipolor episodes
dont know how to cope with issues of everyday life without wanting to cry, or break down in depression, its addecting my marriage what can ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.