Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lots of tissues/sacs exiting?
An_249415 posted:
So this is my first month of birth control & i started my period yesterday. It was really light and great with only spotting. It started on the second inactive pill everything was fine.
However, today i started to bleed more, I got cramps, backache, i felt bloated and swollen? Then it escalated from there and a small sack-like object exited my vagina when i went to the bathroom. It was about the size of a dime or a bit larger with tear that nearly split it in half. there was a blood gradient ranging from none/lighter on the edges of the tear to dark red/black on the bottom. I continued to have a lot of bright red blood continue to flow.
However, that's not the end. Just a moment ago i went to change my tampon and a large mass of tissue/flesh/sac? was just chilling out on the side like nothing was ever wrong.
this was highly concerning to me because this has never happened to me ever. upon observation the mass seemed to have some kind of shape like a sac with a tube extending from it. There were spots that seemed to have blood clots attached and the sac-like part was basically just a large blood clot or something? It's really dark and kind of frightening. This mass was quite a bit larger than the first one; almost as long as my finger. It had quite a few tears in it if it were to resemble some kind of sac.
I'm probably going to call the gyn. tomorrow morning (because of course they're always when i have problems like this) but i was mainly wondering if any of this could be linked to a miscarriage or possibly is it just normal for women in general to release large masses of tissues??

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Normal. Remember when you have your period, you're actually shedding the uterine lining that you did not need so what you are seeing is actually party of your uterine lining.

sailormadeline replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
alright coool. i was just a little concerned because of the size & also because it was my actual first tine shedding any actual tissue. It was probably one of the most horrifying moments of my life

Helpful Tips

Hysterectomy
I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.