Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    Includes Expert Content
    Non stop bleeding
    Nadine20 posted:

    Take the Poll

    I am 21 and have 2 boys i gave birth last 10months ago and are suffering with non stop bleeding and heavily with pains so bad that i would rather give birth again than sit with this pain. what can be the problem?
    • endometriosos
    • cancer
    View Poll Results
    Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
    Dear Nadine: If you have been having serious abdominal pain and heavy bleeding since your last birth ten months ago, you really need to be evaluated by a GYN or even your local county family planning clinic. Some POSSIBLE causes might include:

    1. Postpartum infection--Occasionally a tiny fragment of placental tissue will remain behind inside the uterus. Over time it sets up a focus for infection. This will cause inflammation, pelvic pain, and erratic bleeding. Treatment is with antibiotics and sometimes a D&C if tissue needs to be removed.

    2. Pelvic infection--This is caused by a new infection with gonorrhea or chlamydia. If you are in a monogamous relationship this is not going to be your culprit.

    3. Large ovarian cyst---An ovarian cyst will prompt pain and trigger erratic bleeding (sometimes quite heavy bleeding).

    4. Endometriosis--This is a possibility, especially if you have a family history of endometriosis. Yet it tends not to suddenly onset; usually this kind of pain develops over several years.

    5. Cancer---Really doubt this is a factor.

    PLEASE, please go back to your OB/GYN or clinic. You need all your energy with two young children so the exact cause needs to be identified and treated.

    In Concern,

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Expert Blog

    Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

    From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.