Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Non stop bleeding
Nadine20 posted:

Take the Poll

I am 21 and have 2 boys i gave birth last 10months ago and are suffering with non stop bleeding and heavily with pains so bad that i would rather give birth again than sit with this pain. what can be the problem?
  • endometriosos
  • cancer
vote
View Poll Results

Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear Nadine: If you have been having serious abdominal pain and heavy bleeding since your last birth ten months ago, you really need to be evaluated by a GYN or even your local county family planning clinic. Some POSSIBLE causes might include:

1. Postpartum infection--Occasionally a tiny fragment of placental tissue will remain behind inside the uterus. Over time it sets up a focus for infection. This will cause inflammation, pelvic pain, and erratic bleeding. Treatment is with antibiotics and sometimes a D&C if tissue needs to be removed.

2. Pelvic infection--This is caused by a new infection with gonorrhea or chlamydia. If you are in a monogamous relationship this is not going to be your culprit.

3. Large ovarian cyst---An ovarian cyst will prompt pain and trigger erratic bleeding (sometimes quite heavy bleeding).

4. Endometriosis--This is a possibility, especially if you have a family history of endometriosis. Yet it tends not to suddenly onset; usually this kind of pain develops over several years.

5. Cancer---Really doubt this is a factor.

PLEASE, please go back to your OB/GYN or clinic. You need all your energy with two young children so the exact cause needs to be identified and treated.

In Concern,
Jane

Helpful Tips

My problem
I am 18yrs old female. I am a very sensitive and innocent girl. This incident happened last year. I had an affair with my boyfriend. After ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.