Skip to content
please help
An_249678 posted:
I was suppose to have my period on December 18, and I still have not gotten it. I have been having painful stomach cramps for 5 days now. They come and go and are concentrated by my belly button, but not my appendix. I can go like an hour without having a stomach pain but then it comes back full blown. Sometimes when I get the stomach pain I have to use the restroom, and when i do its diarrhea (though its not as frequent as the stomach pain). I do not have health insurance so I am trying to figure out what this could be and if I should go to the Emergency room.

emersonkelly responded:
Delay in period and cramping are the early signs of pregnancy. Please once visit the doctor.

georgiagail replied to emersonkelly's response:
Well, a home pregnancy test could be a far less expensive way to confirm pregnancy but very painful stomach cramps and diarrhea for 5 days is quite concerning (pregnancy aside).

Gail

Helpful Tips

Prenatal Yoga
The best thing about this prenatal yoga program is that there is a model for each trimester. Instructor Shiva Rea demonstrates each of the ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 9 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.