Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cyst or Pregnancy?
An_249728 posted:
I recently missed a period and was wondering if its an ovarian cyst or pregnancy? I missed my period six days ago and started having lower back pain. Also I am bloated and have abdominal cramps. I took two pregnancy test and they both came out negative. What is going on with me?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Two possibilities:

1. You are pregnant and not showing on the tests. Some women don't show on pregnancy tests and have to have either a blood test or ultrasound to confirm pregnancy.

2. You did not ovulate and usually no ovulation means no period. It's common and will happen to most women at least once during their reproductive years.

Wait and see if you miss a second period. If you do and are still getting negative results, see your doctor.

Helpful Tips

Hysterectomy
I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.