Includes Expert Content
Itchy Nipple
FaithfulDancer posted:
My left nipple was sooo very itchy that I wanted to tear it off!!! I'd recently had a mammogram with normal results. I didn't have any leakage, crusting, pain or lumps but I was concerned. I found this sight & was frightened when I saw the posts on "Paget's Disease"! I have a transplanted kidney so I have a compromised immune system. I immediately made an appointment to get myself checked out. I was diagnosed with a yeast infection on my nipple. I was given Fluconazole tablets, by the second dose I was feeling much better! I would advise everyone to NOT self diagnose...go to see a Doctor because better safe than sorry. Blessings & healings to everyone!!

Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear FaithfulDancer: Thank you SO much for taking the time to share your experience. I especially appreciate your admonition to see a healthcare provider for an accurate diagnosis. Doing that simple thing can shortcut the prolonged time of self diagnosis and self treatment.

In Appreciation,
Jane

PS Would you do me a giant favor? Could you please do a cut and paste of your post and put it in our popular discussion on itchy nipple (see right side bar). I remember one post in that thread that plaintively asked "Has anyone actually gotten a diagnosis to explain their itchy nipple?"
J