Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Itchy Nipple
FaithfulDancer posted:
My left nipple was sooo very itchy that I wanted to tear it off!!! I'd recently had a mammogram with normal results. I didn't have any leakage, crusting, pain or lumps but I was concerned. I found this sight & was frightened when I saw the posts on "Paget's Disease"! I have a transplanted kidney so I have a compromised immune system. I immediately made an appointment to get myself checked out. I was diagnosed with a yeast infection on my nipple. I was given Fluconazole tablets, by the second dose I was feeling much better! I would advise everyone to NOT self diagnose...go to see a Doctor because better safe than sorry. Blessings & healings to everyone!!

Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear FaithfulDancer: Thank you SO much for taking the time to share your experience. I especially appreciate your admonition to see a healthcare provider for an accurate diagnosis. Doing that simple thing can shortcut the prolonged time of self diagnosis and self treatment.

In Appreciation,
Jane

PS Would you do me a giant favor? Could you please do a cut and paste of your post and put it in our popular discussion on itchy nipple (see right side bar). I remember one post in that thread that plaintively asked "Has anyone actually gotten a diagnosis to explain their itchy nipple?"
J

Helpful Tips

itching
several years ago I had this same problem...intense itching in the vaginal area, but no discharge or odor. I saw several doctors who said i ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.