Skip to content
2 cysts on right ovary
An_249857 posted:
good day ms. jane hohner!

i am 33 years old and single. i would like to share my ultrasound result of my ovary last january 11,2013. here it is: the right ovary appears enlarged with two rounded cyst within. the largest measuring 4.09x3.98x3.08 cms with soft echoes within. there is no vascular flow within. the smaller one is purely cystic measuring around 1.83x1.8x2.31cms. the left ovary is normal in size with tiny follicles noted within. no fluid in cul de sac.

impression:

- enlarged right ovary with 2 cystic masses within
- consider a hemmorhagic corpus cyst (larger cyst) versus an ovarian cyst
- consider a follicular cyst right ovary (smaller cyst)

i was told by my OB to not worry because these cysts usually go away in three month's time. she did not prescribe me anything except for an iron supplement. still, i am worried that these cysts will grow big and won't disappear in three month's time. what can you say about this? what can you recommend about my situation?

thank you and hope to hear from you very soon.

Anon_6061 responded:
Ovarian cysts are common and yes, most ovarian cysts do go away on their own. This link may be helpful to you -
http://ovaryresearch.com/

Helpful Tips

Fish Oil Caps
I take triple strength fish oil capsules (1400 mg) for heart health, and it has the added bonus of improving moisture in the eyes and skin. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.