Extremely light spotting in place of period
lovelylove06 posted:
At the end of my last cycle I switched to Loestrin24Fe from generic Yaz. I was on Yaz for 3 years before I had my daughter then started it again 6 months into breastfeeding which was a year ago. I just finished the first pack of the new birth control and instead of a period I had very light spotting. There would only be a spot of light red blood if any after leaving a tampon in for 2-3 hours and this lasted 5 days and stopped today (Sunday) and I haven't started my new pack yet. Also at the beginning of the pack I was on the oral medication for a bacterial infection and had unprotected sex a few times over the month. Was the spotting from switching to a new pill containing estrogen?

Anon_6061 responded:
Different birth control pills can have very different effects on period length and flow for each individual woman. So, yes, it's likely the light period / spotting is from the new BCP. Also, it can take a few months for your body to adjust to a new BCP so your period may change after a few months on this pill.