Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Swollen outer lip of vagina
An_249916 posted:
So about 2 weeks ago i had this horrible rash on the outer lip of my vagina, i thought it might be a heat rash because it goes all the way til where it meets my leg. but the rash got worse and now that the rash has nearly got away it is totally swollen like almost the whole side. It's very painful and theres pus. Its been maybe 6 months since ive had sex and id like to have some idea of what it is before i think about going to the doctors. Any help?

georgiagail responded:
The idea of getting this checked out medically is to get an accurate diagnosis so it can be treated correctly, not the other way round.

If you have pus present you have an infection and from your description it sounds both painful and serious. It needs to be looked into medically now.

Gail

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 102 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.