Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Time to Exercise
jhola posted:
I also must find the time, so I need some advise. I'm a 60 yr old grandmother. I get up at 5am, get ready for work, leave at 6am to get to work by 7am. Put in a 8.5 hour day, come home , dropping of my carpool partner then go pick up my grandchildren at daycare, come home,help them with homework, cook dinner, do dishes, bath the children, clean up, do laundry, put the kids to bed and by then it's 9pm. If I need 8-9 hours of sleep,Ineed to get into bed by 9 pm too.

When is there time in my day to work up a good cardio sweat like I need to in order to loose weight. I need to loose 100 lbs. but with the stressof being the onlymeans of support in the house and still have a life, I don't have the energyto find the time for myself. Sleep is my rest and the stress of every day is keeping the weight on.

I don't know what I can do????

Help is appreciated,
jhola

georgiagail responded:
Why aren't your own children taking care of their children instead of leaving the job of doing so up to you?

Gail

jhola replied to georgiagail's response:
In the last 5 months my daughter has gotten a job as a hairdresser and has moved into her own apartment. This leaves me with babysitting only one or two nights a week and usually at least one day on the weekend. Now my husband and I have started walking the curb in our subdivision. One lap is 1.5 miles so we make two laps. Working our way up to as many as we can or want to. I've made it a priority as I need to lose a lot of weight. We eat good but my problem is I've been told I don't eat enough of the right stuff to keep my metabolism up. this weekend we are going shopping for things to munch on during the day, like fruit, celery, carrots, etc. All stuff I like. Hoping I can loose 50 lbs by Christmas. That's my goal.

Helpful Tips

Try looking into this
I also have been dealing with the same thing best bet is to go to your OB/Gyn it might be Endometriosis I would try and get in as soon as ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.