Skip to content
Bleeding after Thermal Ablation Procedure
An_249984 posted:
I am 47 and 2 years ago march, I had a thermal ablation done. I have not bled at all until this morning!! Why now is it happening? I haven't had any problems with the procedure and now after 2 years I bleed? Someone Please advise to what is going on. I have no insurance any longer and can't afford to go to doctor. thanks

georgiagail responded:
An internet board cannot tell you why you have suddenly starting bleeding 2 years after a thermal ablation.

Gail

Anon_6061 responded:
An ablation doesn't guarantee that you'll never have another "period." I've read of other women having similar experiences - no bleeding for a year or years after an ablation and then they started bleeding.

The uterus and ovaries work together so if your ovaries are still producing pre-menopausal (reproductive) levels of hormones, it would seem reasonable that the lining of the uterus could eventually build up enough that it needs to be shed. Just because you stop bleeding for a year or more after an ablation doesn't mean you're post-menopausal. But this bleeding could be something more than the normal shedding of a built-up lining. Nurse Practitioner Jane has also commented on some discussions that a too thin lining can also cause bleeding but I believe this tends to happen after menopause. You didn't mention your age or if you've had lab tests to check your hormone levels for menopause.

Maybe Nurse Practitioner Jane will have some input based on her clinical experience.

Helpful Tips

Fish Oil Caps
I take triple strength fish oil capsules (1400 mg) for heart health, and it has the added bonus of improving moisture in the eyes and skin. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.