Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bacterial Vaginosis! ugh
kukla16 posted:
I got diagnosed with BV (over the phone) by my gyno. I got tested for STDs on 1/16 all negative but I am still just so nervous. I posted a discussion before which i explained that I had unprotected sex on 1/4 with a guy who got checked december 2 and had negative results results for all tests (he had unprotected sex with his ex girlfriend in september). Then I had sex again with a different guy 1/16 but with a condom. After I had sex I thought I had a yeast infection so my doctor prescribed me (over the phone again) diflucan, I don't think I had a true yeast infection. But after a week I called my gyno and said I had a yellow tich discharge with a really really bag tart/fishy smell so she prescribed me clindamycin. I never had BV before and I have a bad habit of researching conditions online and all I see are bad things. I feel disgusting and alone at time because of this. I have gotten to know the guy I had unprotected sex with better because we've been hanging out (we don't have sex though) which makes me feel a little better but I never had BV or heard of it! I have anxiety over it because I keep thinking bad things. I can't get tested for HIV until april also which makes me really nervous. Does anyone have any insight for me as to what could have caused the BV? Was it the different sex partners even though one had a condom, is it from diflucan, do I really have an STD, or could it be from cleaning my vulva with wet wipes when I was on the Diflucan? Someone please help.

Helpful Tips

Try looking into this
I also have been dealing with the same thing best bet is to go to your OB/Gyn it might be Endometriosis I would try and get in as soon as ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.