Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
rectal vaginal fistula repair failed
my3angels posted:
Hi there!
I'm at home recovering from my 2 attempt to cover this rectovaginal fistula. it failed. within a week the simptoms came back. I need help
anyone with advice recommendations anything please look me up
i'm a single mom to 3 little girls, this is the second FMLA from my job. i'm desprete
help please
look me up Anna lopez gonzalez on facebook

Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear Anna: If you have not seen the series of posts from women with rectal vaginal fistulas, consider looking at the top of the queue. There should be a post with a subject line regarding time needed for a RV fistula to heal. Within that series of posts are links to other discussion sites for women with RV fistula problems. Gosh, I am so sorry that this had to happen to you. As if you didn't have enough on your plate as a single, working mom.

If your job is balking at more FMLA, your surgeon should be able to write a letter to personnel or the HR office at your place of work.

In Sympathy,
Jane

my3angels replied to Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP's response:
Oh My gosh I'm so happy I got a response, I cried.. thank you very much, for your kind words. Yes I have been doing some research online but I have to tell you its all very discouraging. I talked to my Dr yesturday and asked her how many rectal-vaginal fistula repairs she had done she said 6 and then I asked her how many had failed. she said none but mine. I know GOD will heal me I know this is a very big learning experience which will only make me a stronger woman. I wont let this take away my life my mind or my job, I'm planning on going back to work in a week, and If it has not healed I will try the surgery again in about a year. I'm happy to hear from people like you thank you for taking your time and responding to me..
you are a an angel with kind words , I know i'm not alone thank you thank you thank you

mytwosunshinez responded:
Hello, I am one of u too are you still on here? Cept I have not gone through any surgery. An OB (not mine) has silently told me, that if i go for repair, I may need to continue repairing for rest of my life. she suggested to change diet and do kegels to control symptoms if possible to do so. at first i freaked out but thought lets try it. and i tried out and it works i have symptoms, but minimal. I stick to a vegetarian diet and make sure I go to the bathroom every morning, very well before I leave the house.
So how is it going for you did you have surgery how are you healing? sending love and healing

Helpful Tips

Thickened endometrial lining
Hi I am 52, stopped my periods 5 months ago - assumed menopause, feeling very bloated for the past 3 months - doc ordered hormone test - ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.