Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Too many periods
An_250054 posted:
Hello:

I am 43 and have now been getting my "normal" period every two weeks for the past 8 weeks. Is this normal??? I thought my period should be slowing down and become irregular, with longer lapses. Not every 2 weeks. Prior, I was every 28 days and normal. I am not over or under weight and have not experienced any life or health changes that may cause this.

In my teens I did have many ovarian cysts and two that ruptured but nothing since.

I can't find anything on line that could relate to too many periods.

Thank you.

georgiagail responded:
A more important question is whether these episodes of bleeding are due to menstruation (unlikely) or are caused by another medical issue that has nothing to do with menstruation.

It is time to make an appointment with your gynecologist to discuss this abnormal vaginal bleeding.

Gail

ellenmiller replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks. I've been trying to avoid that since I feel fine other wise but yes, I think it may be time.

Best,
ellen

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
51 of 101 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.