Skip to content
is this possible?
An_241258 posted:
I'm wondering if its possible to feel symptoms a few days after conception? We've just started trying for a baby, and I think its all in my head but then i do get twinges in my pelvic area, and also have a full bloated feeling and feeling extremely tired.
I have irregular periods, that are normally more than 30 days apart so since my last period was not even 2 weeks ago, i dont think i'd be getting a period just yet.

Again, it may be in my head but wondering whether its possible to 'feel' pregnanc/conception y so early??

fcl responded:
It takes 6-10 days for a fertilized egg to implant so you won't feel any symptoms before that. For most women, symptoms don't start before you're about 7 weeks along.

An_241258 replied to fcl's response:
Thanks,
I find that really interesting as when I do a google search some sites about conception/pregnancy say exactly this, where other women have sworn to feel symptoms prior to 6-10 days. I guess no one can be exactly sure theyre pregnant until they get a positive test!

tlkittycat1968 replied to An_241258's response:
I think those women who say they felt symptoms that early are looking at it with hindsight. Some women, when they find out they're pregnant, will look back and think "Yeah, I did feel something a week ago."

Helpful Tips

irregular periods
am 21 yrs old & have had a fairly normal period since i was 10. i recently had a menstrual cycle for 9 days, while i also had a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.