Skip to content
Endometrium is 2.1 cm thick....
royalsrvnt posted:
Hi all,
I am 33 years old and was having some spotting and then had my period twice in one month. I was having dizziness, fatigue, weakness and some other stuff. I was on no birth control because my husband had a vesectomy ( fyi: I have had 6 pregnancies- 3 miscarriages and 3 live births). I was previously diagnosed with PCOS and was on metformin for a few years, but this year my doctor decided that I didnt have it..idk.I have also had a LEEP and coneoscopy done due to precanerous cells on my cervix about the size of an eraser tip back in 2005. Anyways I made a doctors appointment and she ordered some blood work, referred me for an ultrasound (external and internal), and put me on birth control. I am on day 13 of the pill and have began spotting once again. I went and picked up the results of both my lab work and my ultrasound. All of my labs except the 17-OHPS were complete. My RDW was slightly elevated at 14.8 but other then that everything else was normal. My ultrasound says: The uterus is 8.3 cm in length including the cervix. The endometrial stripe measures up to 2.1 cm. There is an echogenic area within the endometrium that measures 1.9x2.6x1.8cm. No endometrial fluid is seen. There is normal uterine echogenicity with no uterine mass. The cervix is normal. There is normal blood flow to both ovaries. The right ovary is 3.0x1.9x2.1cm and the left ovary is 3.3x2.3x1.9cm. No cystic or solid adnexal masses are seen. There is no free fluid. The final impression states: Thickened endometrium as described above. Probable 2.6 cm endometrial polyp. The adnexa are normal. I have done my research and since the endometrium lining should only be 4mm how likely is it that this could potentially be cancerous? I have not heard back from my doctor yet I just had the ultrasound done a few days ago and she probably has not received the results. Any help would be appreciated I am driving myself crazy worring about this.

Helpful Tips

Fish Oil Caps
I take triple strength fish oil capsules (1400 mg) for heart health, and it has the added bonus of improving moisture in the eyes and skin. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.