Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
what is wrong with me? help please
kissame07 posted:
have a problem... i have been on my period now for 18 days now. it was light at first but now its getting heavier as time goes on. last month it was normal 5 days and light. but the 3 months before that i got it twice a month 3-4 days apart but they were 6-7 days long but they were a light to normal flow. i was on the depo provera shot for almost 2 years but i ha ve been off it for almost a lil over a year now. ive gotten blood tests done by my physician and they were normal but i havent gotten a pelvic exam done due to financial situation. but besides the constant annoying bleeding i have been feeling really tired, and very irritable , i have been getting headaches and i have been noticing bruising randomly and i dont know where they came from. if anyone can help with answers or suggestions i would be greatful!!!

georgiagail responded:
You need some testing, both to determine why all this abnormal vaginal bleeding and to be treated for what is likely some pretty severe anemia (i.e., the fatigue, irritability, headaches and bruising) from all of this blood loss.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Irregular menstrual cycle
My daughter has been passing dark blood for over 10 days now. There are clots involved and the blood shed is between a very heavy flow and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.