Skip to content
Period twice in one month?
kari69 posted:
Hello,

I am a 43 year old female and I just got my period again for the second time this month. I had it on the 6th of January and now again it started on monday. I do remember ovulating just a couple of days after I got off my first period of this month ( I have mittlesmirtz). Is this normal? I have never done this before but I've been under alot of stress lately and am perimenopausal. Should I contact my doctor is this happens again? I wanted to reiterate that it is a full blown period and not spotting.

Thanks for your help

tlkittycat1968 responded:
No, this is not normal. While it's common to assume all episodes of vaginal bleeding are due to periods, this is not the case. Since it's more than just spotting, I'd call your doctor.

kari69 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
It is definitely a period, not bleeding in between periods but a regular period. I ovulated two weeks ago. I was just wandering what are some causes of having a period twice in one month.

Helpful Tips

itching
several years ago I had this same problem...intense itching in the vaginal area, but no discharge or odor. I saw several doctors who said i ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.