Underweight and Immunity
trendingjupiter posted:
I am 21 years old and have been going to school in Manhattan for the past 18 months. I am 5'5" tall and weighed approx. 110-112 lbs when I first arrived. I began working in a restaurant and after 6 months was concerned that I was putting on weight. I ran track in high school, and so began to run again. I also removed bread from my diet. My weight dropped to an average of about 100 lbs. I stopped working in restaurants and do not eat as frequently to save money. I stopped running to prevent myself from becoming thinner, but my weight now is approx. 97 lbs. I eat burgers, fries, desserts, pretty unhealthily to keep from looking wretched. I am concerned though that, while I have not lost my period ever, my immune system is otherwise affected by this. I went to a doctor, got on a scale last winter fully clothed weighing 98 lbs and she said nothing.

fcl responded:
Here's a starting point:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/underweight/AN00597

Personally, I would look into eating more healthy but high-calorie foods (to avoid vitamin and mineral deficiencies) and weight training (to put a little muscle over your bones ) and swimming (to make the muscle that you put on feminine and sexy. Good luck!