Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is it menopause?
An_250201 posted:
I am 56..I have felt like for the past 10 years I have been trying to go through menopause. I get an ultra sound reg. once a year because of fibroids & polyp. I have had heavy period for 5 years now. Usually just 2 bad days of clots and bleeding but the period last for 5 days. I was a late bloomer and had to go on the Birth control pill since I was 17 to get my period. I had two children one at 24 the other 32. I still went back on the pill until 42yrs.old. I use to feel like I needed the pill but then at 42 it made me feel sick. So I went off and then at 42 my periods were like clock work. Here I am at 56 and still get my period ! The past 6 mos. they became irreg. and I missed for 3 mos. I was very happy thinking menopause is finally here. I became a anemic before from getting my period every 23 days. Then it went 85 days..then 32 days.. This month I felt horrible, joint aches, very sore breast, depressed, tired, ourburst. when I got my period all the PMS systems still lingered until after my period this time including the sore breast and achey joints. Now I had my period 15 days ago and all of a sudden I am spotting again like my period might come. I am tired and depressed and worried & very stressed. I have a bad year my father had passed away and my mother has dementia which I ahve to care for her at a facility at times.. So Could all this irreg. period and now 15 days of bledding with cramps, sore breast be menopause syptems?..or is my polyp or fibroids doing this. I feel so hormonal thou..I have a appointment with my doctor athe end of the month & getting blood work..but the worrying is making me feel worse. I am hoping that this is another menopause syptom of spotting or getting my period really early in 15 dys from hormones being all over the place.

Helpful Tips

an over the counter item that helps me
I like AZO "for PMS". It has natural ingredients. One time I got dizzy and had to leave church and go lay down in the car. Then went to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.