Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
No periods
tendedempress posted:
For years, i have been completely normal and on time when it has come to my periods. They have always started on time, give or take a day, regardless of whether or not i am on birth control. So far this year, i have not had ONE period. I have not have any indication of an approaching period (salt cravings, exhaustion- my usual pre-period symptoms).i brought this to the attention of my doctor who stated that it was normal for women my age to skip a period (I am 35). To me, this does not sound normal when it has NEVER happened to me before. I have taken a pregnancy test numerous times and they all come back negative. my husband and I did have sex on the 1st of January and on Christmas Day. My period was due on the 6th of January and the 2nd of February. Is it normal for a woman to quit cold turkey like that? My doctor suggested I try some meds to jump start my period, but I am not sure I should trust that, being that she hasnt even examined me. Any suggestions as to what may be causing this so that, when she finally does see me, I can give her some suggestions rather than listening to her reach out on blind faith as to what this may be? I just hate being assessed w/o being seen and told why this is happening to me, thanks in advance

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Yes, it is normal for most women to skip a period and not be pregnant and not have anything wrong. It usually means you did not ovulate and no ovulation usually means no period. And just because it's never happened to you before doesn't mean it can't/won't.

If you miss a second period and are still getting negative test results, I might do what your doctor says and take something to jump start your period.

Helpful Tips

an over the counter item that helps me
I like AZO "for PMS". It has natural ingredients. One time I got dizzy and had to leave church and go lay down in the car. Then went to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.