Skip to content
Spotting and SE on Jolessa, switched without break to Loestrin..,still spotting. :(
An_250262 posted:
Was on Jolessa, it gave me cramps and made me moody, and in the middle of the second pack I was spotting pretty noticeably, not enough to fill a tampon but enough where I had to at least wear a liner.

I got over the way Jolessa made me feel so I switched to Loestrin24Fe...but I just took the new pills right away and didn't allow myself to have a "period" since I figured I was still spotting. Well I still am on the Loestrin24fe, I think I feel better still than the Jolessa but I'm frustrated that I'm spotting almost as much on Loestrin a little bit of cramping too but again I believe I'm all around better than when I was on the Loestrin...except that I'm spotting every day still.

I've only been taking the new Loestrin for two weeks, should I stick it out? Or should I stop taking them for a beat, have a "normal" period and then start again and hope for the best? Seems so silly to be bleeding for nearly a month...but it's probably my fault for switching pills will no break?

I've had a full STD test since my last partner and I'm clean. The blood was red on the Jolessa, then was more brown and "chunky" when I first switched to Loestrin, now the past few days its been more red and a little heavier but no stringy chunky brown. Do these changes mean anything also?

Thoughts and advice would be wonderful.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
You've only been on the new pill for a two weeks and it can take a few weeks for your body to adjust to a new birth control. I'd wait a few weeks before doing anything.

Helpful Tips

Thickened endometrial lining
Hi I am 52, stopped my periods 5 months ago - assumed menopause, feeling very bloated for the past 3 months - doc ordered hormone test - ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.