Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Withdrawal Symptoms from Depo-Provera
WorriedNCurious posted:
I was on Depo-provera for 6 months with my last shot wearing off at the end of October 2012. Since then I have had only one day of bleeding/spotting in November and nothing else. My husband and I had not been sexual but I was worried about being pregnant. I took three tests and all negative. It worries me not knowing what is going on with my body. I would like an expert on this topic to tell me if this is normal and when they believe I will get my period back. Is there anything I can do to help my body get back on track?

I have not talked to a doctor about this since after I moved to a new city have been using the university medial center. Not sure I trust their knowledge and don't want to pay for tests that are unnecessary.

Any information will help, thank you.

elizadears38 responded:
Oh goodness the depo provera, I swear that caused my pcos. I never had any issues until I had that and ended up having 8 week non stop periods became aneamic and my hair went like straw, had to take the pill over it to stop the bleeding I was like a ball of hormones walking around feeling crazy all the time. I would give yourself an extra month or two for it to be really out your system before you worry, Mcst people take a year to 18 months to concieve, I took over 10 yrs and had gven up all hope when my miracle arrived. My nurse said some countries are asking for it to be withdrawn. If you want to check your working ok you could have an overian scan, it shows you all the eggs like strands of pearls its quite reassurring and not too expensive x Good luck ill keep my fingers crossed for you both! x

Helpful Tips

Hysterectomy
I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.