Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What causes missed periods?
stemnena posted:
First of all the past 3 months I have hardly had a period at all. I have also been really stress with personal things in my life. I take birth control pills, on time everyday. In December I took some samples I had left from visiting my doctor, but I didn't really look at the date on them until after I already took them. They had expired on May 2012. The reason I took them was because I didn't really have the money to get my birth controls because the price has gone up and at that time I didn't really have the money for them and knew I had those samples. In January my period was just a little lite bleeding and that was all. I went and brought my birth control pills and have taken them. And now I am 5 day late of having my period. Before those 3 months I was always on time. I have taken a couple of pregnancy test (different brands and different ones) and they have all came back negative. I don't have an signs really of being pregnant but it is one of my fears when my period never comes. I also started taking bacterial medicine on Friday, since I have an infected toe and trying to clear it up. I'm just trying to figure out what sometimes cause people to miss a period and that. And if maybe age has anything to do with it. I just turned 28 in December. I have been taking birth control since I have been 18. I was on the patch for awhile, loved it. But then I wanted to switch to a pill and I have been on the pill for 3 or 4 years now. I would love some insight. Thanks!

Helpful Tips

Fish Oil Caps
I take triple strength fish oil capsules (1400 mg) for heart health, and it has the added bonus of improving moisture in the eyes and skin. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.