Skip to content
In need of advice
An_250341 posted:
Good day to all,

I am in need of some advice. My normal menstrual cycle has always appeared normal to me. Not to heavy not to light lasting 3-5 days with some light clotting once in a while. However, at the end of December I started my cycle as usual, only this time it has not stopped!! I went all the way until January 28th without it letting up. It was way more heavier than I am used to and the clotting has gotten a lot worse (larger, more frequent). My cycle stopped and a few days later, my fiance and I had intercourse. Immediately after, my cycle started again. It lasted for about a week. Again it stopped and a few days later, again, we had intercourse and my cycle began again! It has not stopped and is excessively heavy and the clotting has been regular and very noticeable. The last two days, it has been too much to even deal with. I use a tampon, and it seems like 15 minutes later I am leaking everywhere due to the clotting. I am excessively tired (I could sleep all day, if not disturbed), my stomach feels tight and upset a lot of the time and my appetite is little to none. I just turned 34 this past weekend, and I know my mother started menopause around this age. Is this normal? Am I experiencing symptoms of menopause, or could this be something more serious? I am very concerned!

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Bleeding that long and that heavy is not normal. You're tired because your probably anemic from the blood loss. You need to see a doctor ASAP.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Apologies if this posts twice.

Bleeding that long and that heavy is not normal. You're probably anemic from the blood loss and that's why you're tired. You need to see a doctor ASAP.

Helpful Tips

Thickened endometrial lining
Hi I am 52, stopped my periods 5 months ago - assumed menopause, feeling very bloated for the past 3 months - doc ordered hormone test - ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.