Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Puss filled bumps on vagina... Help!
    An_250344 posted:
    Over the past few months I've noticed some random small bumps that when popped are filled with white puss. They do not itch or burn and are not painful even when popped. They haven't gotten worse or multiplied and I only have had a few. I got a Pap smear when I first noticed them and I came back clean and although I didn't mention the bumps on my vagina the doctor could clearly see them and said nothing. But I'm starting to get worried and am thinking perhaps what I thought was just razor bun or ingrown hairs could be an sti. Could it be something more serious? Help!?
    Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
    Dear An: If you shave in that area, a folliculitis or small inflammation from ingrown hairs are possible explanations. If the bumps have a shiny quality (like scar tissue) then you might have hidradenitis suppurativa which involves the apocrine sweat glands found in the groin, underarm, etc. Here is a link to more about this condition:

    There is another skin condition that can occur on the vulva. It is called molluscum contagiosum and is caused by a type of pox virus. It will produce small, flesh colored bumps, often with a small dimple at the center. Here is a link for more information:

    [a title="Link: undefined"> /

    I would urge you to have the "bumps" seen by your GYN or clinic. Skin conditions really need a visual exam to get the most correct diagnosis.


    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Expert Blog

    Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

    From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.