Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Irregular period and excess discharge ???
    An_250349 posted:
    Hello my name is kelsey and I am on birth control but when all of this started I stopped. I had a period for a week not even a week later it started back but it was not normal it was not red and blood like it was dark almost brown sometimes. That lasted a week and the. Stopped. Since then I was having large amounts of discharge it was typically white at first this got this pink tint to it. Now it's become uncomfortable down there not like itchy or anything just like I constantly feel like there's something down there. Then today I've started my period once again only a week after the last one and its super dark like the last time. I am concerned what should I do help?
    georgiagail responded:
    It would be a good idea to contact your OB-Gyn regarding these symptoms.


    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Expert Blog

    Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

    From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.