Skip to content
Birth Control
An_250407 posted:
I want to stop using the birth control pill for my own personal reasons. However, I had un protected sex 9 days ago using the pull out method, is there a chance I will be pregnant if I stop mid pack. I have a week and a half left before my period would come.
georgiagail responded:
If you're still taking the birth control, you didn't have unprotected sex 9 days ago; the birth control protected you.

It's unlikely you will ovulate so quickly after stopping the birth control mid-pack and without ovulation pregnancy is not possible.

fcl responded:
If you stop taking the pill in the middle of a pack you run the risk of really messing up your cycle would continue to the end just for that.

Ditto what Gail said, if you were still taking it 9 days ago you did NOT have unprotected sex.

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 103 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.