Skip to content
High fever, elevated white blood cell count, think it is from kidney stones? HELP!
ashley19871 posted:
I am hoping for some knowledge. On Sunday I had sharp abdomen pain that came and went. I had a fever. They believe I had a fainting spell that looked like seizure, but was fainting from the fever. I was told on Monday that I had a bad UTI with blood and bacteria. I was prescribed cipro twice a day at 500 mg for it. So, I rested and on Wednesday I was seen again for puking and fever. I was told UTI still and little blood in the urine. On Thursday, I could not get my fever to go away it was as high as 102, but had managed to come down to 101 when I was seen at the doctors again. My blood pressure was through the roof at 180/70, when it is normally low. The doctor came in and said the final result on the UTI culture was no bacteria just a little blood. I was sent to the ER for ct scan and EKG. Both tests came back normal, and I was told it was probably symptoms from passing kidney stones all week. My white blood cell count was couple of points high. Six hours after I was in the ER might blood pressure had came down to 125/70, my pulse was back down, and my fever was 99.5. So, they sent me home saying it was probably kidney stones and possible unknown gi infection. I had, had some chest tightness and slow breathing when being up walking around for a while. Any idea what could be causing me a high fever and so much pain? Someone told me they had passed kidney stones and never was this bad.

Helpful Tips

irregular periods
am 21 yrs old & have had a fairly normal period since i was 10. i recently had a menstrual cycle for 9 days, while i also had a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.