Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
possible implantation bleeding?
An_250277 posted:
My husband and I are trying to conceive our first baby.
We started about 3 weeks ago and are just doing the deed every 2 or 3 days.

The problem is my period is really irregular (as in anywhere from 30 days up to 90 day cycles). My last period was in January.

This past week I had an acne flare up and then was really tired for a few days and then started seeing brown blood when wiping. Now the last 2 days there has been a tiny bit in a pad but not as much as my normal period. It has also been only brown.

Could it possibly be implantation bleeding or could it just be my period albeit really light? I haven't taken any birth control pills and while my periods are usually irregular, they are always the same once I get them and normally last 7 days.

thanks heaps

georgiagail responded:
Yes, it is certainly possible this is implantation bleeding.

Gail

An_250277 replied to georgiagail's response:
THanks Gail.

I guess I can only wait a few days and do a test and see. The bleeding has suddenly stopped today. Lasted 3 days only.

Helpful Tips

Irregular menstrual cycle
My daughter has been passing dark blood for over 10 days now. There are clots involved and the blood shed is between a very heavy flow and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.