Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
uterine biopsy without my knowledge
joon1 posted:
Hello,
I had an appt. with my md for a normal pap smear yesterday. It was very painful. She used some sort of straw type thing and it felt as though something was being ripped from my uterus. I tried not to cry out in pain but did. Next she inserted something else and said, this one won't hurt. Again, it burned intensely. Then she made me sit in a separate room for a short time. She never told me what had been done. I was cramping all the way home and all night. I thought I was just being a wimp. I had never felt any pain during a regular pap smear before. When I got home I used the bathroom and saw a small amount of blood in my panties. This morning when I woke up I was still cramping so I went to the internet to find out what she may have done by typing in the procedure. As it turns out, she had done a uterine biopsy without telling me before or after. Is this the normal way of doing this? I'm 62 years old and still feeling a little discomfort. All she said was that I now need to do a blood test for D 1 vitamin 25-Dihydroxy before getting shots twice a year for severe osteoporosis. It seems like she should have told me of the procedure either before or at the least afterwards.

georgiagail responded:
Why don't you call the physicians office and ask what was done yesterday.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Orange Menstrual Blood
Hi my names Jessica and I'm 22. I usually have normal cycles lasting about 28 days and last for about 5-6 days. I just started last night ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.