Skip to content
Possibly Pregnant?
An_250534 posted:
Hello,

My girlfriend and I are kind of getting nervous. She had her December period start on the 6th and ended on the 12th. Her January period started on the 12th and ended on the 18th. She was expecting her period to start this month on the 12th and end the 18th as well. We did have sex on January 19th where I started without a condom for about a minute and had finished with one on. (Will not be doing that again!). I hadn't ejaculated before that for more than 24 hours, and had been to the bathroom many times before. We had sex again on the 24th of January, this time with a condom on the entire time. We then did not have sex again until the 4th of February, and haven't since.

She isn't on birth control, and we are beginning to get nervous.

She took a first response hpt on Monday morning and got a negative result. She took another one this morning and also received another negative. She hasn't had any of the "usual" pregnancy symptoms, has kept a great appetite, hasn't had headaches or nausea, no back pains, no spotting/cramping, no tenderness of the breasts, no mood swings, no frequent urination, only the missed period.

She said that she started stressing out about the lack of period on the 15th. We have had a lot of late nights and early mornings recently because of school and work so she has been tired, but not really feeling like she needs to sleep all of the time. She's still energetic. She also plays a varsity sport, and has been seeing more playing time and more intense practices as the playoffs near. She's an amazing girl, goes to school from 6AM to 3PM, basketball till 5PM, and then sometimes work from 7PM till 11PM, then she will be right back at it the next day. I don't know how she does it, but I do worry about her sleep schedule and her ability to actually get a good night of sleep because of her homework build up and schedules.

I have read about stress and exercise having the ability to delay periods, and am wondering if maybe that is it? She began complaining of a stomach pain that was unlike cramps, but more of a "wind knocked out of you" or dull pushing in the middle of her stomach under her belly button that was bothering her a lot after the game tonight. She said that it felt like it was around her bladder area, and wasn't sharp like a knife, but hurt pretty bad. This pain started earlier today and was intensified when she fell on her stomach in the game.

Do you think that she may be pregnant still? Or does it sound more like we are just stressing too much about it, and her body needs the opportunity to rest up a lot more?

Thank you very much!

An_250277 responded:
Hi

I highly doubt your girlfriend is pregnant
it could be stress causing her period to be late. A pregnancy test won't show positive until after a missed period so it'd be best to wait and test a wk or so after her expected period if you want to be sure she isn't pregnant. If still no period, she may need to go to a Dr just to be sure.

if you didn't ejaculate in her there is a really really really sl chance of her falling pregnant.

An_250534 replied to An_250277's response:
Thank you for your response! I did have a typo on the first part, and that was that this month's period was expected to start on the 18th, and she usually starts cramping 5 days before her period begins. So her period is usually 31 days, and she used the hpt that were supposed to tell you up to six days before your missed period. Really though, she is only 2 days late now but still doesn't have any of the usual symptoms or cramping that she gets 5 days before the start of her period.

I did not ejaculate in her any of the times, and did not even let myself get close to that point just in case.

Today her stomach began to hurt above the the previously reported position, "in the middle of my tummy" according to her. She said the pain was the worst yesterday, and not too bad today. "It felt like getting stabbed in that part" she says. She also reported that now she feels like throwing up and has had a clear/white discharge the past two days that has been so excessive that she has thought that she had peed her pants. She says the white stuff is just like the discharge when ovulating, and is stringy.

She is still eating normally, and not having any aversions to food. We plan to test again on March 1, and see a Dr if no period comes by then.

Any ideas as to what it may be?

Thank you!

An_250534 replied to An_250534's response:
Also, she still doesn't have any of the "usual" symptoms, and has not had any bleeding, cramping, or spotting. Just a lot of nerves!

Helpful Tips

Keep Searching
Joanna, I just wanted to add my own experience of endometriosis. My period began about 2 months before my 16th birthday - yes very late. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.