Skip to content
Ablation 6 months ago....now hysterectomy
dawnables1977 posted:
I had an ablation done 6+ months ago and it hasnt helped, in fact my bleeding has gotten much worse 14-21 days and extremely heavy, clotting,and painful.
In 2 weeks i am having a partial hysterectomy and im now getting scared. I logged on here to get more information about surgery/recovery and after reading posts im a little more nervous.
Recovery time...how long before your at least 50% back to yourself? Ive had 3 c-sections and gallbladder surgery, how does this surgery compare to those?
Thank you

Anon_6061 responded:
Sorry the ablation didn't work! I assume you've already tried the many medications (non-hormonal and hormonal) that are shown to reduce heavy bleeding and pain and are supposed to be the first-line treatment for this? Here's a table of all those meds and their % effectiveness - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0015970/table/ch8.t1/?report=objectonly.

I had a hysterectomy and wish I could go back. My body's changed drastically (inside and out) and the short and long-term side effects have been nothing short of devastating.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Don't let other posters scare you. My mom had a hysterectomy and says it was the best thing she's ever done.

Helpful Tips

Severe cramping and bleeding...any ideas?
I am almost 30yrs old. I just got off my period 10 days ago but two days aago, i began spotting a bright pink. last night i began bleeding ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.