Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Ablation 6 months ago....now hysterectomy
    dawnables1977 posted:
    I had an ablation done 6+ months ago and it hasnt helped, in fact my bleeding has gotten much worse 14-21 days and extremely heavy, clotting,and painful.
    In 2 weeks i am having a partial hysterectomy and im now getting scared. I logged on here to get more information about surgery/recovery and after reading posts im a little more nervous.
    Recovery time...how long before your at least 50% back to yourself? Ive had 3 c-sections and gallbladder surgery, how does this surgery compare to those?
    Thank you

Anon_6061 responded:
    Sorry the ablation didn't work! I assume you've already tried the many medications (non-hormonal and hormonal) that are shown to reduce heavy bleeding and pain and are supposed to be the first-line treatment for this? Here's a table of all those meds and their % effectiveness - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0015970/table/ch8.t1/?report=objectonly.

I had a hysterectomy and wish I could go back. My body's changed drastically (inside and out) and the short and long-term side effects have been nothing short of devastating.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
    Don't let other posters scare you. My mom had a hysterectomy and says it was the best thing she's ever done.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.