Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I want to conceive a baby, Your Guidance Required
An_250559 posted:
Hi,
I m new to this forum and using my husband login to post my query. its a very useful & informative forum. i requir your kind help regarding my problem. Its 4th month of my marriage. me and my husband love and understand eachother. I have a 26 days period cycle. some time i get my periods 5-6 days earlier, is it normal? usualy i get my periods after 20 days (excluding last period days) so is it ok? my husband had his semen analysis test a few days ago. it is given below kindly analyse it n tell me is it normal?
Volume 2.10 mL
Color Creamy White
Consistency Thick
Reaction Alkaline
Liquification 30 MIN AT 37 C
PUS Cells / WBC 8-10 / HPF
RBCs 1-2 / HPF
Epithelial Cells RARE
Sperm Count 90 MILLION / ML
Active 65%
Sluggish 10%
Dead 25%

My age is 25 years old, and my weight is 50 Kgs and health is well and fit.

Kindly check in details and guide me what we should be done to conceive a baby? I am so much excited to get pregnant but all the time failed since I married.
I would appreciate your prompt response in this regard. Thank you
FirstPrevious12NextLast

georgiagail responded:
You are two perfectly healthy and fertile individuals. The average sperm count in a healthy male is between 50 and 150 million sperm. Your menstrual cycle of 25-26 days is perfectly normal.

You conceive a baby by continuing to have unprotected intercourse during the time you are ovulating. You have been trying for only four months. There is considered to be no real issue until a couple has tried for a pregnancy for at least a year without success.

Gail

An_250559 replied to georgiagail's response:
Respected Gail,

Many thanks for your response. Does PUS Cells 8-10 is worried situation for a male or its normal and covered with improved diet, excercise, to drink plenty of water etc or my husband should take it seriously to use medicine?

Normal Male PUS Cells is 1-2

Please advise

georgiagail replied to An_250559's response:
This level could point to a mild infection in his bladder and really nothing more. If so, an antibiotic would do more than an improved diet, exercise of more water.

Gail

Respected Gail,

Many thanks for your kind response. I would appreciate if you advise the tablets for recovery of excessive PUS Cells which caused infection.

As per normal male PUS Cells should be 1-2

Kindly also advise the normal fertility factors in female as I am too much depressed due to not convceiving. I want to conceive as soon as possible. Please guide

Thank you

fcl replied to An_250559's response:
I think you should be aware that it takes the average couple (and that includes those who are actively trying) 6-8:months to conceive. Doctors consider it perfectly normal for a couple to take up to 12 months to conceive. There is no point in worrying before that.

If you want to learn more about your cycle, how to track it and how to pinpoint ovulation, I suggest you go to www.fertilityfriend.com . You'll find answers to all your questions and probaboy more besides.

An_250559 replied to fcl's response:
Respected Gail,

Today My husband discussed with local urologist about PUS Cells and shown him semen report as well.

He recommended to use Novidat Tablets (500 Mgs) for 10 days, after that problem will be resolved.

Kindly comment on recommended tablet. Thank you

This medication is also known as ciprofloxacin and is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections, including urinary tract infections. This is why your husbands Urologist prescribed this.

Gail

Typical replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you very much

Typical replied to Typical's response:
Respected Gail,

Many thanks for your quick response.

Please note my periods date was March 7, 2013 but so far I dont have but signs of periods are clear that I have back pain for last 10 days. But I am normal not feeling any change.

What it means? Is there any pregnancy symptom?

Kindly comment, I am worried

georgiagail replied to Typical's response:
Look; when I was a poor graduate student and pregnancy was NOT on my "wish list" at the time...and I worried that I might be pregnant...the more I thought about it, the longer it took for my menstrual period to begin.

I suspect you are so worried about becoming pregnant and so worried that something is wrong with either you or your husband that all this stress about this might simply be throwing your menstrual schedule off a bit.

If your menstrual period doesn't come in another week or so, take a pregnancy test.

Gail

Congrats Gail,

I got pregnant now, I took test yesterday and it was positive.

Many thanks for your kindness & guidance

Congratulations...see, all that worry about you two being infertile was all for naught. Celebrate the pregnancy!

Gail

tlkittycat1968 replied to An_250559's response:
Congratulations! Hears to a happy and healthy 9 months.

Typical replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Thanks to all

Helpful Tips

an over the counter item that helps me
I like AZO "for PMS". It has natural ingredients. One time I got dizzy and had to leave church and go lay down in the car. Then went to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.