Skip to content
negative PT?
amymo posted:
Do all pregnancy test rather it be an expensive test like EPT or a cheap dollar store test work the same? I bought a cheap PT and I got a negative result. I am not due for my period for 3 more days, however, I had unprotected sex and had a little blood when I used the bathroom. Ibeleive I was ovulating at the time. I am on a 35 day cycle and this occurred on day 18. When and what kind of test should I buy? I am not trying for a baby at this time. I am not on bc and have not been since 2007. I have 3 kids right now my youngest is 13. HELP please.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Yes, all pregnancy tests pretty much work the same. Pregnancy tests are more accurate the closer you are to your period. I'd wait and see if your period comes and if it's late by more than a few days, take another test.

An_250277 responded:
Ive read that some women can get differing responses from pregnancy tests.
They all do work the same with detecting the pregnancy hormone but they all differ in how sensitive they are. For example, you could use a cheap internet test that claims to be the most sensitive (10MIU) and not get a response, but 2 days later get a response on a first response (around 20 or 25 MIU).

Its usually best to wait until after a missed period to test, as otherwise you could get false negatives when you are in fact pregnant (as its too early yet for the test to read anything).

An_250277 replied to An_250277's response:
And by the above I meant that you could use the cheap internet test 2 days later as well and not get a response still.
The pregnancy hormone increases in your body every day

Helpful Tips

might be pregnant in 3 months rubella vaccination?
My wife is vaccinated rubella vaccine, doctor was note "she is not pregnant within 3 months". If she's pregnant in that time, what is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.