Skip to content
No period for almost 7 years
yjr414 posted:
I am a relatively healthy 29 year old, but I havent had a period in almost 7 years. I have started growing dark facial hair I have to wax, and cant seem to lose weight. I went to my Primary Care Dr and he ran a bunch of bloodwork, hormone, thyroid, etc and everything came back normal. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Sounds like PCOS.

From WebMD:

"PCOS, or polycystic ovarian syndrome, is a common hormonal disorder in women that with interferes with the growth and release of eggs from the ovaries, or ovulation. It is the most common cause of infertility among women. PCOS occurs when a woman's body overproduces sex hormones, called androgens. The hormone imbalance prevents fluid-filled sacs in the ovaries from breaking open and releasing mature eggs. The fluid-filled sacs bunch together, causing many tiny cysts. Symptoms of PCOS include missed periods, abnormal facial and body hair growth, acne, and weight gain. PCOS may run in families."

yjr414 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
My Dr originally thought that was the issue but my estrogen levels and testosterone levels came back normal.

Helpful Tips

periods
why is my blood dark at the beginning of my period ? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.