Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sudden, harsh pelvis pain & colon spasms
writer123 posted:
One evening after a very busy day of desk work( I got up maybe 2-3 times in an8hour shift) I started walking home when an dull ache, then pounding pain, gripped my pelvis,my entire back side and I started to have colon spasms. The pain was so intense that I couldn't walk. I had to sit at a bus stop for 15 minutes before I inched my way to the subway station for home. When I sat down it hurt. I went home and sat on a heating pain. When I went to the bathroom, I check for blood in my stool and uringe but there was none. However, moving my bowels was uncomfortable, Urinating was not. I had a bad yeast infection and I planned to purchase over the counter meds to take care of it. It always work for me. The unbearable pain has gone but I still suffer bouts of colon spasms and soresness in my pelvis area. There isn't a drop of blood. I've checked everytime I go to the bathroom since this started. Any idea what this could be?

georgiagail responded:
Perhaps something you ate disagreed with you. Sometimes intestinal gas trapped between stool waste will cause colon spasms and pain.

Gail

Anon_6061 responded:
That sounds awful! Many years ago, I had occasional episodes of "spastic colon" that caused constant, intense pain for hours. They only happened 1-2 times per year and I only had a handful of them over several years. I never knew what triggered them but I haven't had one in many years.

writer123 replied to Anon_6061's response:
Yes, it was. A day and week after the surprise episodes the pain has gone and the spastic colon is down and less intense. Hopefully, like you it will only be a 1-2 times per year event.

Helpful Tips

how can a woman restore sensation in her nipples/breast?
since my last pregnancy in 2005, i have no sensation in my breast when stimulated. If anything, it hurts. I am 43 years old and I know I'm ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.