Sudden, harsh pelvis pain & colon spasms
writer123 posted:
One evening after a very busy day of desk work( I got up maybe 2-3 times in an8hour shift) I started walking home when an dull ache, then pounding pain, gripped my pelvis,my entire back side and I started to have colon spasms. The pain was so intense that I couldn't walk. I had to sit at a bus stop for 15 minutes before I inched my way to the subway station for home. When I sat down it hurt. I went home and sat on a heating pain. When I went to the bathroom, I check for blood in my stool and uringe but there was none. However, moving my bowels was uncomfortable, Urinating was not. I had a bad yeast infection and I planned to purchase over the counter meds to take care of it. It always work for me. The unbearable pain has gone but I still suffer bouts of colon spasms and soresness in my pelvis area. There isn't a drop of blood. I've checked everytime I go to the bathroom since this started. Any idea what this could be?

georgiagail responded:
Perhaps something you ate disagreed with you. Sometimes intestinal gas trapped between stool waste will cause colon spasms and pain.

Gail

Anon_6061 responded:
That sounds awful! Many years ago, I had occasional episodes of "spastic colon" that caused constant, intense pain for hours. They only happened 1-2 times per year and I only had a handful of them over several years. I never knew what triggered them but I haven't had one in many years.

writer123 replied to Anon_6061's response:
Yes, it was. A day and week after the surprise episodes the pain has gone and the spastic colon is down and less intense. Hopefully, like you it will only be a 1-2 times per year event.