Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Weird Symptoms?!
An_250698 posted:
I am not sure if this is just a change in cycle, or if I am pregnant, or what this may be. I am 21 years old and my last period started January 31 and lasted until February 6th. On the 20th of February I began spotting and this lasted until the 24th. My next period was due March 4th and still has not shown. My periods are usually really regular. I have began to break out in acne in places I NEVER have before. I took a pregnancy test about a week and a half ago and it was negative. I have also been nauseous and very tired all of the time. I have also been having abdominal discomfort, not pain, just uncomfortable at night. I have been having a hard time getting to sleep as well. If you have any insight please let me know what you think!
Thank you.

georgiagail responded:
You have not indicated if you have had unprotected intercourse or if you are on birth control. What about these two things?

Gail

tlkittycat1968 responded:
If you took a pregnancy test a week and a half ago, that was over a week before your period was due. That's too soon. Since your period is late, take a test.

An_250698 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I am not on birth control, I do have unprotected sex. I took a pregnancy test again this morning, and it is still negative...

mom2aboy3 responded:
truth of the matter have gotten neauseous about a week before my period and discomfort and issues sleeping too for the week before my period i would wait if you havent gotten your period by the end of the month i would retest for pregnancy and maybe make an appt withyour doc to see if they could enlighten you on this maybe need a blood test to check your hormones and all hope this helps

Helpful Tips

birth control pills and gelatin-like clots
I started taking birth control pills because I had an ovarian cyst that made periods painful. Now when I'm on my periods, I will go to the ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 73 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.